Winninghoff boats

General boating discussion
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10
Your location: Mid Coast Maine

Winninghoff boats

Post by aluminumdreamer »

I have been emailing with Jack Winninghoff over the last couple of days. It all started when I emailed him to ask if he had any knowledge of the builder of my boat, because I have been unable to come up with anything. I figured he would be a good source of info because he is based out of Mass, and my boat was supposedly built in Rhode Island, but no such luck. He couldn't tell me anything about my boat, but he did tell me that things at Winninghoff are slow, and if I was looking to buy, modify, or repair to consider them for the work. I went on to tell him I regularly went on AAB.com, and would pass the word along to anyone looking to buy a boat or anyone inquiring about a reputable aluminum fabricator.

From what I can tell from emailing with him, and going on his website it seems like he is a very professional and kind person. If I had the money and did not just buy a tig welder I would bring my boat to them in a heartbeat. Especially after seeing a Winninghoff in person this past weekend.

My two cents
Nate.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Re: Winninghoff boats

Post by AlloyToy »

Spoke with him once. He is very knowledgeable and very nice man :thumbsup: Nice product also :thumbsup:
MacCTD

Post by MacCTD »

He is a great guy, I stop by and talk with him from time to time, he knows a great deal about building aluminum boats.
'05 Pacific 1925
Mercury 150
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Post by Chaps »

I've had conversations with builders here in the NW that otherwise don't have much good to say about alloy boats built elsewhere around the country until you mention Winninghoff then the accolades are heard. Good stuff from that outfit, expensive but worth it.
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10
Your location: Mid Coast Maine

Post by aluminumdreamer »

I saw my first Winninghoff this weekend and thought is was pretty dang cool. The boat started out 21' but the owner had jack add 3' to it. It looks like they did an awesome job, I can't imagine that is a small undertaking. Especially considering the boat is an inboard / jet and they added to the back of it. You can see a welded seem where the work was done, but it is a quality weld so it doesn't look crappy or anything. I would be psyched to own one. Jack told me all it takes is money, in fact he has a 24' x 8'6" ready to go now, that he would be happy to put a jet on for me. Unfortunately had to tell him it isn't in the cards for me and probably never will be.
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Post by Chaps »

I've often wondered why so many of the boats they build have jets . . .
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic