Time to say hello

Introduce yourself here
longranger

Time to say hello

Post by longranger »

Hi,

I am Mike from Orange county California. Currently my fishing machine is a Parker 2120. Nice boat but I have a case of 2 foot or more itis. Want to step up to a 25-30' boat with wide beam that will allow me to safely and comfortably fish well offshore--50 plus miles. This would include overnite trips so a marine head, some form of galley and a soft dry place to sleep will be needed for my 51 year old bones.

For reasons unknown to me I am hopelessly drawn to alloy boats. At first it was just the looks. It was a great relief to find out that these materials are also inherently safer, stronger and more durable than the common glass boats. The boat would be in water year round 10 minutes from my home.

That said I am educating myself on my potential next boat. Think I am sold on a pilothouse design with comfortable walkaround capability. Will consider a wide variety of bluewater hull designs but in the end will almost certainly get a deep vee or a catamaran. Very different animals for sure but I see the strengths of both designs. Would consider both 4 stroke gas OBs and diesel. Have looked through many of the links on this site. I am particularly impressed by the cats from Armstrong and Maxweld but at least half a dozen manufacturers have pics of deep vees that make me glassy eyed too.

Like for most of us $$ is a limiting factor for me. I will continue to educate myself untill that special boat for a realistic price comes up used or as a demo. In the meantime my metal fantasies will be limited to rides on other peoples alloy toys. Anyone in Socal who has the type of alloy boat I describe keep me in your thoughts if you need a fishing buddy or just want to show off. My email is odegoma@cox.net. Cell 949-735-6993.

I look forward to learning alot from this site.

Mike B
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Mike, take a look at Pacificboats , you can build your boat on their site.

just click on their banner add on the right side of the page.>>>>>>>>
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

A warm AAb welcome Mike. I would not consider myself myself part of AAB or part of the extended Pacificskiff/Blacklab family if I did not extend a invite for you to see my pride and joy. Though it does not have all the amenities you want. They can build it. You will see the skill , craftmanship and seaworthyness of these boats. Post a reply if you are interested. My boat is probably only 20 minutes from any location in the O.C.
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Daddy'O
Your location: TX

Post by Daddy'O »

Welcome to the site Mike!

Wayne
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

mojomizer wrote:A warm AAb welcome Mike. I would not consider myself myself part of AAB or part of the extended Pacificskiff/Blacklab family if I did not extend a invite for you to see my pride and joy. Though it does not have all the amenities you want. They can build it. You will see the skill , craftmanship and seaworthyness of these boats. Post a reply if you are interested. My boat is probably only 20 minutes from any location in the O.C.
This is an example of why this site was put together, one boater HELPING another out.

Way to step up Mark, Thank You.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
longranger

Definately

Post by longranger »

Thanks Mark,

Would love to see your boat. My contact info is on my initial post.

Thanks,

Mike
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Mojo.......looks like ya have a reason to play Mr. Demo.
And at the same time have a good close fellow AAb'er, to help with the scratch that ITCH!

Ahhh, AAB.COM - making matches better than 1-866-date!

Mojo, we expect a full report on the seatrial, what was caught, and who caught the larger fish.

C'C'mom!

Jettywolf from "Duval County" Fla.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic