Hello From "NIGHTHAWK"New Memeber From Sf Bay Aea

Introduce yourself here
NIGHTHAWK

Hello From "NIGHTHAWK"New Memeber From Sf Bay Aea

Post by NIGHTHAWK »

Hello,

My business partner and I fish our 28 Maxweld out of the SF area. We fish Tuna, Salmon, Rock Cod, Ling Cod, Halibut-Well, just about everything.

This looks like a great site! A friend sent me a link to the site and I am glad to be a part of it.

Couple of pics of the boat and fish:

-Roger
Last edited by NIGHTHAWK on Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Nice Ride and NICE fish , what a haul on the Albacore.

WELCOME ABOARD , you will fit right in. We have the perfect forums for your boating and fishing pictures , Bring'm on .
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Post by Chaps »

Roger, is that you? Are you taking good care of my boat? Looks like you guys are having some fun down there! And it looks like I'll have to modify my sig!

Bob
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
NIGHTHAWK

Post by NIGHTHAWK »

Chaps wrote:Roger, is that you? Are you taking good care of my boat? Looks like you guys are having some fun down there! And it looks like I'll have to modify my sig!

Bob
Hi Bob,

Yes, it is me. Are you still in the market for a bigger Cat? We have been fishing as much as possible and having a lot of fun. When are you coming down to fish?

The boat is currently hauled for engine service, bottom paint, new side paint and Line X for all the decks where the previous non-skid was.

We have added a few items and intend to ad a few more.

Switched to Hydraulic Jack Plates
Upgraded the Stereo to Satellite
Had some custom Rod Holders made
Installed Cell phone booster
Higher volume fish box inlet pumps

Here are a few more fish pics:

Current Status (on blocks):

Video of us running in SF Bay chop at 30 knts plus:
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

Oh man you are breakin' my heart . . . its like seeing an old girlfriend sashaying down the street on someone else's arm.

No on the big cat . . . I've leveraged my way onto some bigger boats OBOP (owned by other people) when I want to go offshore or up to Alaska so I'm stickin' with my small boats. Much easier on the pocketbook.

Sounds like you are making some upgrades, did those electric transom jacks give out?

Nice to see you here on this new site!
NIGHTHAWK

Post by NIGHTHAWK »

Chaps wrote:.

Sounds like you are making some upgrades, did those electric transom jacks give out?

Nice to see you here on this new site!
No, the electrics are still running, but showing some wear and corrosion that could have been a problem in the near future. So, it was rebuild the old or switch to new.

This is what we ended up with:

welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

NIGHTHAWK, could ya post m'air pictures down in the boating forum where all could enjoy them.

Those are some GREAT shots .

:)
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

Nice looking jacks. I wasn't that thrilled with the electrics myself but if they worked this long then I guess they did OK.

Hey, say hi to Mike and ask him for me why he points at all the fish?

Nice looking kings you guys are getting down there too.

Oh yeah, there is a forum further down to post photos of owner boats so please put some up in there because lots of guys don't look at new member postings and they miss some cool stuff that gets put up in here.
longranger

Cat

Post by longranger »

Your Cat is basicly exactly what I want in terms of size and configuration. I am jelous, in a good way. Would love to hear some performance numbers for that kitty. Anything you have in terms of #s and the way she handles different adverse sea conditions. Great job on putting her to her intended purpose.
NIGHTHAWK

Post by NIGHTHAWK »

I will try to post some numbers for you soon.
28' MAXWELD MAXCAT (Twin 225 Hondas)

Daddy'O
Your location: TX

Post by Daddy'O »

Welcome aboard there Nighthawk! Very nice boat!

Chaps, I can understand your slight jealousy & reference to an old girlfriend. 8)

Wayne
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10
Your location: NY

YOU NEED ICE

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Hey Night Hawk,

You gotta watch your head there on the cabin roof, big guy! I didn't see any ice, you need lots of ice to keep them Charlie Tunies cold, nice for making tuna salad sandwiches. Very nice looking salmon and halibut you guys get there. Keep the video camera running when you go out in some 4'-6' seas then post the video.

Nice running rig, love cats!

Marty
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
NIGHTHAWK

Re: YOU NEED ICE

Post by NIGHTHAWK »

Ironwoodtuna wrote:Hey Night Hawk,

You gotta watch your head there on the cabin roof, big guy! I didn't see any ice, you need lots of ice to keep them Charlie Tunies cold, nice for making tuna salad sandwiches. Very nice looking salmon and halibut you guys get there. Keep the video camera running when you go out in some 4'-6' seas then post the video.

Nice running rig, love cats!

Marty

My little brother is 6'-5” and I am 6'-2" so we just need to duck a little going threw the door. Inside cabin height is actually 6’-4”, so my little bro has to slouch a bit. No problem for me and the rest of the crew.

Those tuna were stuffed back in the stbd hold for photo op. We actually have a great system that incorporates our 2 huge fish boxes, which are pumped in and out with fresh cold sea water. We bleed them in one of the holds with continuous sea water running over them and being pumped back out until they are bled and then into the other fish hold which has a saltwater and ice brine. Then into 2-120 quart ice chests on the front deck.

We always end up with nice sashimi when we are done. No worries.

4’-6’ seas are before we get out of the SF bay sometimes. We fished in 8’-10’ with a hefty wind wave last tuna trip. That was 60 miles offshore.
28' MAXWELD MAXCAT (Twin 225 Hondas)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic