Hello from Aus

Introduce yourself here
NTGeorge
Your location: Darwin

Hello from Aus

Post by NTGeorge »

Hay guys, this site looks great! found it linked from another forum.

I am a welder with my own small workshop and am just getting into the custom boat building. I have just finished my first one and am currently waiting for paint to dry.....true.
I'm looking forward to chatting about build techniques, as I found it impossible to get any information from people over here about how to put a plate ally boat together and techniques. Combined with incorrect engineering drawings supplied by the navel architect my first project was not a joy to build, not knowing better I followed the plans to a tee which was my undoing.
I'll post a bit more of a tech chat in the shop section.

Cheers
[url]www.ntunique.com.au[url]
Custom Plate Boats
Boat Modifications and Repairs
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10
Your location: Mid Coast Maine

Re: Hello from Aus

Post by aluminumdreamer »

Welcome aboard. Congrats on the completion of your first boat. I read your other post, and can tell you I am no boat builder, but i have been reading a boat building book.
Boatbuilding with Aluminum by Stephan F. Pollard. There is alot of talk about the problem you had with panels warping. Check it out, I got my copy from Amazon.com.

I am sure everyone would like to see some pictures of the boat you just finished. There are some guys that know there stuff on this forum, and I'm sure they could offer you some good advice.

Nate. :beer:
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Welcome to AAB , we have some GREAT guys with a bunch of info.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Post by AlloyToy »

Welcome to the great site.....look forward some pics of your work :thumbsup:

Aluminumdreamer is reading, welding and bending as practice so he can build me my next boat :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: J/K

Great to have you aboard :beer:
CTMD

Post by CTMD »

George,

welcome to AAB, for assistance with ali boats in Australia you should investigate Plate Alloy Australia (http://www.platealloy.com). Otherwise if I can ever be of assistance let me know. I have quite a few NT clients and visit regularly.
Chris Tucker Marine Design
Your Boat Your Way.
www.ctmd.com.au
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic