2 Fishfinders 1 boat?

Electrical/Electronics discussion
fatcow
Your location: MA

2 Fishfinders 1 boat?

Post by fatcow »

Looking to purchase a simrad unit that has side finder capabilities. i own a pacific 23 wa. I already have 1 unit on one side that is fairly new and want to put on another. My question is do i put the transducer on the same side as the first one, weld on a new bracket, or do i put it on the other side where the other bracket already is. Will interfarance happen because of the two transducers next to each other. Any suggetions would be great and if any one owns this unit feedback would be great.
thx Bob
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Re: 2 Fishfinders 1 boat?

Post by Chaps »

I run a Lowrance sidescan/FF (similar to what you want to buy) and an older Simrad FF same time with 'ducers right next to each other and don't ever notice any interference between the two
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
21ftcc
Donator '09
Your location: Worcester, MA

Post by 21ftcc »

oh, oh............ 2 fish-finders...... 1 boat. I was thinking I was going to see some sick video.
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

21ftcc wrote:oh, oh............ 2 fish-finders...... 1 boat. I was thinking I was going to see some sick video.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
pjay9
Your location: Tacoma, WA

Post by pjay9 »

I had 3 finders on my commercial charter boat many many years ago...One was an old paper burner (anyone remember those smelly units) One was a Raytheon 926B (if I remember correctly) the best flasher at the time and an elcheapo color flasher on the fly bridge so I knew when I was close to the right spot to come down and hone in using the other two...all had different freq for the transducers so there was never any cross over on the return signal, when I put on the same freq then I could see the echo from the other one...but you could always sort it out on the flashers. Back then changing freq was selected by the depth range selection not freq which was actually freq change. (Again if I remember correctly) Old time technology! Ain't it great! Really love this new stuff...got a HDS with the Side scan, just installed this week..not been in the water yet! To answer your question...you shouldn't have any issue no matter where you put the transducer. Capt PJ
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
warthog5

Post by warthog5 »

I run a Lowrance sidescan/FF (similar to what you want to buy) and an older Simrad FF same time with 'ducers right next to each other and don't ever notice any interference between the two

That is unusual. What freq. are they operating at? The Furuno on my boat only acted up one time that I got close to another boat on a spot. I'm sure it was a same freq thing.
"Just 'cause it's New, doesn't mean it's worth a Damn."
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I believe that's why Pacific gives you two mounts. So if the need arises, you have two plates ready.
That's always how I'd do it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic