Interesting concept....what ya think Miller Marine?

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Interesting concept....what ya think Miller Marine?

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Gundog
Sponsor/Donator
Your location: Vancouver, WA

Re: Interesting concept....what ya think Miller Marine?

Post by Gundog »

It looks like a nice product but it is designed for skinning fish I guess. It looks like it is for a different method of cleaning fish than I use or the folks near me use. I remember in my younger days skinning cat fish where it would have been handy to hold them that way. When I skin fish i fillet them first then skin them with a fillet knife I don't really need to hold them down. A small piece of indoor/outdoor carpet thrown on the table stops the fish from sliding around. From the picture other than the clamp thing it looks like just a piece of Seaboard or Starboard it would be simple to make but I don't like copying other peoples designs it pisses me off when someone does that to me.

I would like to see a video of how they are using it. They make some nice work stations.

Mike

I should clarify my last statement I don't mind if someone duplicates the stuff I make if it is for their own use but it really chaps my hide if they duplicate for sales to compete with me because they don't have the money invested in the R&D that it takes to bring things to market just like the Chinese do all the time.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

GLAD to see you installed a photo of that boat in yer signiture.....been waiting to see more.
(is that a "wrap" down the side or decaL or paint?)

Yep, I asked you because it seems to be kinda wacky to me also. I skin ALL my fish. A certainly don't need some fancy holder table.

Using my new surgically sharpened razor sharp (http://www.havalon.com) Baracuta fillet knife with replacable blades, means EZ filleting days now. Why someone would need such a thing is beyond me. But there's allot of people who just can't cut fish very well.

Found it, and thought of you. So I posted the concept....
Gundog
Sponsor/Donator

Post by Gundog »

It is a digital decal you have to see it in person it looks great IMHO and it was much cheaper than paint. The great part is if I ding it up on the dock they can fix just the part I damaged they can just print that part. When I was having it designed I did not know what I wanted. I looked through the guy's on-line album I saw a truck with a graphic of a mountain on the door I thought it looked good so I asked him to do mountains with water and I wanted it to look like some place I wanted to fish. He got it perfect.

Mike
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Round here we call it a wrap. All the weekend "tournament boats & trucks" have them.

I was gonna do the same thing when my boat was new. Don't believe it would have lasted me that long without side rub rails.
Too many "merit badge" bangs and scratches now. The sides of the boat aren't slick any more.

Looks good. Did ya ever post any finished photos detail photos any where here?
Gundog
Sponsor/Donator

Post by Gundog »

This thread shows it all from start to finish. The rub rail helps keep it off the dock but depending on dock level it can still hit if you are not carefull.

Mike

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2128&hilit=wooldridge
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Oh Yeah.......I remember the pics now. That thangs like a Motor home on the water. Lots of "fort" to play with my match box cars inside when it's a rainy day. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic