Another new guy

Introduce yourself here
Kknomad
Donator '13
Your location: Northern New England

Another new guy

Post by Kknomad »

Greetings from northern Vermont. I just picked up a "new to me" 23 Pacific HT from the Cape. I thought I'd wait until the deal was done before posting so as not to jinx it! I first became interested in alloy boats when I bought my Lund Alaskan a number of years ago. Since I now spend a lot of time on the Maine/NH coast, I decided to go for it.

I fly fish for stripers and blues and look forward to chasing albies & bonito as well. While the Pacific may not be the ideal FF platform, it's what I wanted and I'll make it work. I figure I'll start by cobbing up a forward casting deck. It appears there is too much freeboard for a trolling motor, though. Have any of you tried this?

I'd like to eventually spend some time fishing the east coast, boat in tow. I really enjoyed T-Soles recent post on his trip to the Keys. Just gotta figure a way to get a bed on the boat! Those Kamp Kots look great!

Thanks to all who post here, as I've benefited a great deal from your generous contributions. I hope at some point, I can return the favor.
Regards,

Knomad
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Re: Another new guy

Post by Chaps »

Welcome and congrads on your new boat!
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Welcome New Pacific boater....Free board, I love it. But still been in water where waves hit the sides and roll right in.

I've seen a Troller motor on the bow of a 20 footer before.

If you really wanted it to work, you could always get a custom shaft length. But I believe a 23' Pacific trolling motor is refered to as a "Kicker" 15-25hp.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Knowmad, WELCOME to AAB :beer: don't forget we like pictures.

Welcome to the Pacific Family . :thumbsup:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Your location: Stanwood, Wa

Post by goatram »

A kicker on the back with a Autopilot on the main and speed control on the kicker and a tie bare between the two motors and you will be styling. Casting deck on the front would Nice.

Welcome Yankee. I am a Damn Yankee that left :highfive: Watch out for that rebel; Dave :gunner2:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

Kknomad wrote:Greetings from northern Vermont. I just picked up a "new to me" 23 Pacific HT from the Cape. I thought I'd wait until the deal was done before posting so as not to jinx it!
Knomad

I understand completely!! When I found my boat, I wouldn't let anyone talk about it until it was attached to my truck!

Congratulations! :highfive:
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

S L Dave wrote:
Kknomad wrote:Greetings from northern Vermont. I just picked up a "new to me" 23 Pacific HT from the Cape. I thought I'd wait until the deal was done before posting so as not to jinx it!
Knomad

I understand completely!! When I found my boat, I wouldn't let anyone talk about it until it was attached to my truck!

Congratulations! :highfive:

Dave, that was the LONGEST 3 days I ever had waiting for Monday and the bank to open for ya. You should go to jail for that one :rotfl:
Lester,
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

And Les, you were my first phone call! Thanks for all the help.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
Kknomad
Donator '13
Your location: Northern New England

Post by Kknomad »

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions. The kicker with autopilot sounds interesting. I'll definitely look into it. Time now to get her ready for the season! Here's a pic. (Tried to load another, but couldn't get the size right)

welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

If you start a ALBUM you can load some MONSTER pictures and it will resize them but a direct up load , 800X600 is max, 640X480 work very well.

NICE RIDE by the way , blood on the deck soon . :thumbsup:
Lester,
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic