Used Alloy Boat Prices

General boating discussion
wetwhopper
Your location: Pacific Beach, WA.

Used Alloy Boat Prices

Post by wetwhopper »

Is it possible for a super patient guy to find a used alloy boat in the 19'-21' length (Pacific, Lee Shore, , Work Skiff, etc.) in the low $20k range? I've seen a super weird looking Pacific for $25k and a Lee shore for $15k. Is that pretty normal around here? Thanks for your input. I guess I'm trying to weigh having a 1/4", self bailing heavy duty hull w/ used motor, used trailer, no warranty vs. a brand new Koffler, Alumaweld w/ a lighter hull, but brand new motor and trailer w/ a warranty that I can buy right now???
"A lean dog is a mean dog and the mean dog always gets the bone!"
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Re: Used Alloy Boat Prices

Post by S L Dave »

The answer to your question is YES, especially now. Here's how it happens...
1) Always be looking.
2) Always call the person directly and immediately to ask questions. If they are eager, they will lower the price on the spot. Then you go look...IMMEDIATELY.
3)Have the cash ready to go.

You will find what you want at the right price. Keep us posted.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Wet, you now have our SUPER DUPER BOAT FINDER GUY aware of what you are looking for so be sure to check in EVERY day and watch your email/PM's

One of the things everyone is facing now is Material cost , it drives the cost of New AND used boats up . What used to sell new for 50 to 60K now sells for 70 to 80K it seems like.

You will find some used ones come up that have to go and go cheap just to make pay off of the loan or need quick cash due to the economy to keep from smashing their credit .

Pick the boats you like and talk to the Manufactures [ Some like to trade up or don't know how or who to sell to] dealers of the same boats , Craigslist , iboat and of course here.

Be patient and be ready to buy the day you find what your looking for . We have quite the connections here on AAB to find out about most boats .

Good luck and we will help look . :beer:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
wetwhopper

Post by wetwhopper »

Thanks guys. I love the idea of a big 'ol tank of a boat. Some of my friends chase Tuna about 15-30 mi. out of the harbor where I live which I know I wouldn't be doing in an Alumaweld. I'm just a "little" weary of buying a "used" motor, as I know a motor can be 1/2 the cost of a boat pkg. Decisions... Decisions!

The other prob I have is my Alumaweld is not getting much action on Craig's List. I thought I had it priced very reasonably (lower than the competition). Koffler (who I really like) has guaranteed me $7000K for trade. I know trading a boat is not the smartest thing, but with the crappy economy I could be trying to sell it forever.

I've never owned anything new my entire life, and can actually afford a new Koffler/Alumaweld pkg. I'm starting to sound like a woman :mrgreen:

Anyway, thanks for keeping your ears and eyes open for me. If you know anyone who wants to buy a sweet little Alumaweld, let me know. You guys are awesome, thanks for the warm welcome. :beer:
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Post by Chaps »

Selling the Alumaweld is going to be tough because of your location. Takes lots of gas and time for someone in the Seattle metro area or Portland to come and see it and there's lots of those vessel types to choose from closer to the buyers. Might think about doing a consignment with a large dealer in the city. They love having good used inventory they don't have to pay for and they can typically get a better price that will cover their fee for selling it.
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
wetwhopper

Post by wetwhopper »

Oh man... you guys have my head "spinning" now :shocked: :!: Maybe I should just be patient, consign the Alumaweld, get financing set up for my price range and maybe miss out on a fishing season to get a bigger/thicker boat :?: :idea: :?: :idea:

Last couple ?'s

1- Would a 1/2 ton w/ a straight 6 pull a 20' 1/4" hull loaded?
2- Would I see a huge difference in fuel consumption between a 20' Koffler/Alumaweld boat vs. a 20' Pacific?
3- Assuming I have great credit, can you get financing on a 10 year old boat?

Thanks for putting up with all the "new-guy" ?'s :mrgreen:
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Post by Chaps »

wetwhopper wrote:Oh man... you guys have my head "spinning" now :shocked: :!: Maybe I should just be patient, consign the Alumaweld, get financing set up for my price range and maybe miss out on a fishing season to get a bigger/thicker boat :?: :idea: :?: :idea:

Last couple ?'s

1- Would a 1/2 ton w/ a straight 6 pull a 20' 1/4" hull loaded?
2- Would I see a huge difference in fuel consumption between a 20' Koffler/Alumaweld boat vs. a 20' Pacific?
3- Assuming I have great credit, can you get financing on a 10 year old boat?

Thanks for putting up with all the "new-guy" ?'s :mrgreen:
I pull my 20' Edwing with an Xterra and an old F150 six banger easily
Fuel consumption should be similar
Financing can be tough for used boat bought from private seller but the banks out your way probably do a lot of it, go in and ask, get pre-qualified if you can
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

This is going to hurt .....Honda was/is offering 2.9% on a NEW boat Motor trailer package. Most don't like to loan money on boats older than 10 years old.

List your little boat on , www.bloodydecks.com , A bunch of guys fish the smaller boats in close in SoCal and on the local lakes

Your F150 will pull a 20 0r 23Alloy boat with no problem.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Your location: Stanwood, Wa

Post by goatram »

he has it there already. Just need to loose the one picture that only a mother could love. I even showed it to a couple of guys that are thinking and beginning the long trail to purchasing.
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
wetwhopper

Post by wetwhopper »

LOL!!! :nutkick:

I figure, who can forget the "ugly" guy kissing the fish? This way a potential buyer will remember my add vs. all the other 15' Strykers out there (that are advertised for more $). Seriously, Koffler is offering me $7,000 as a trade toward new boat. I figure if I put it on consignment by the time I paid for gas to tow it three hours from home and drive back, plus give whoever their 10% fee, I'd probably be around $7.000 anyway.

Goatram, thanks for the help budd.
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Your location: Stanwood, Wa

Post by goatram »

Your Welcome Congrats
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

BUY a cheap (Craigslist) but nice HULL, and put a brand new outboard on it and a new trailer under it.
That what the crabbers do around here, with plastic boats. They're a dime a dozen.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic