More Koffler "eye candy"

General boating discussion
wetwhopper
Your location: Pacific Beach, WA.

More Koffler "eye candy"

Post by wetwhopper »

Here are some recent photos of my new ride :thumbsup: Still lots to do, looking at about 2 more weeks till pickup. Extremely happy with the Koffler people. Treat me like royalty. Isnt she pretty? LoL!!!
Attachments
IMG_5789.JPG
IMG_5789.JPG (103.72 KiB) Viewed 9319 times
IMG_6314.JPG
IMG_6314.JPG (117.85 KiB) Viewed 9319 times
IMG_6318.JPG
IMG_6318.JPG (129.11 KiB) Viewed 9319 times
IMG_6319.JPG
IMG_6319.JPG (127.91 KiB) Viewed 9319 times
IMG_6322.JPG
IMG_6322.JPG (144.04 KiB) Viewed 9319 times
Last edited by wetwhopper on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:03 am, edited 6 times in total.
"A lean dog is a mean dog and the mean dog always gets the bone!"
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Re: Koffler Build Updates

Post by Chaps »

That's got fun written all over it!
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
wetwhopper

Post by wetwhopper »

Thanks Chaps!
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Looks great man!!! Keep us posted with updates. Would love to see that thing in the water.

I really like some of the stuff Koffler makes. There drift prams are way cool :joecool: .
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
wetwhopper

Post by wetwhopper »

Hey Sculpin. I'm with you, I'd love to get my hands on one of those prams for our local creek (fall coho run) and early trout season.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Oh, I likes that.

Ball room dancin' space. And no "fort" either huh. Jus sun, spray and bad hair days. NICE!

That would be all you'd need if ya moved to J-ville (NE Fla.) river, inlets, coastal, offshore.

And.............I'd call that "Almost Louisiana Like". Which gets my approval everytime.

Look forward to the END pictures :thumbsup:
Gundog
Sponsor/Donator
Your location: Vancouver, WA

Post by Gundog »

Very nice Koffler makes a nice boat.
wetwhopper

Post by wetwhopper »

Thanks for the comments. Ever since joining the Coast Guard outta high school in the late eighties I've always wanted a salty wide open, center console fishing machine. It even hurt to put the side rails on, but my wife was not budging (4 and a 6 year old boys who want to go fish'n too). It should be ready by the end of next week. As soon as I get it wet and bloody I post some pics. This is only my 2nd boat (had a 15' Alumaweld previously) and I'm hoping the extra 5 feet, taller sides and wider bottom will allow me to cross the Grays Harbor bar with a little more confidence than the Alumaweld gave me at times.
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Your location: Stanwood, Wa

Post by goatram »

Nice
Get the rain gear ready You will be wet. Fast build.
Which motor did you settle on?
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
wetwhopper

Post by wetwhopper »

After much bantering and jibing at Joe Koffler regarding engine displacement I finally gave in and decided to trust Joe. He knows boats (especially his own) and he guarantees a 60 hp 4-stroke will run in the mid thirties w/ 3 fat guys, gear, yada, yada. He says it's a great trolling motor also. I'm going with Merc for three reasons.

#1- Mercs are a little cheaper than Yamaha
#2- It comes with an extra 2 yr. warrenty (5 total) vs. Yamaha 3 yr.
#3- I'm going with an extra long shaft (25") motor because I wanted a tall transom. Merc makes them and Yamaha requires you to buy an extension kit.
#4- (I'm gonna catch hell for this one) Merc is an American Company, Yamaha is not. I know they are all made in China now but Merc is an American owned company. Yes, I'm the only one in my family who drives Fords. I thought about an E-Tech but have always had luck with Mercs and liked the extended warrenty.

I also chose a 8 hp Merc 4-stroke for my back up motor that I got a very sweet deal on.

I live in Grays Harbor and know about getting wet, but everything is a trade off in life and I don't mind donning the rain gear for the open space on deck and by God when the sun does come out there's nothing greater than being in an open boat in the salt.

O.K. Let me have it!!! :skillet: :beer:
wetwhopper

Post by wetwhopper »

interior paint
interior paint
IMG_1651.JPG (114.4 KiB) Viewed 9110 times
center console
center console
IMG_1655.JPG (103.79 KiB) Viewed 9110 times
Sand blasting diamond plate deck. Getting ready to start rigging now. On the "home stretch", not long now.
Attachments
IMG_1653.JPG
IMG_1653.JPG (138.85 KiB) Viewed 9110 times
Napa Mike
Your location: Bainbridge Island WA

Re: Koffler Build Updates (pic heavy post)

Post by Napa Mike »

Congrats Wetwhopper! She looks like a very stout boat. I look forward to more pictures. You should not be embarrassed about buying American. I sold my beloved Toyota truck and got a Dodge for the same reason!

Cheers,

Mike
wetwhopper

Post by wetwhopper »

Thanks Mike. :mrgreen:
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

wetwhopper wrote:After much bantering and jibing at Joe Koffler regarding engine displacement I finally gave in and decided to trust Joe. He knows boats (especially his own) and he guarantees a 60 hp 4-stroke will run in the mid thirties w/ 3 fat guys, gear, yada, yada. He says it's a great trolling motor also. I'm going with Merc for three reasons.

#1- Mercs are a little cheaper than Yamaha
#2- It comes with an extra 2 yr. warrenty (5 total) vs. Yamaha 3 yr.
#3- I'm going with an extra long shaft (25") motor because I wanted a tall transom. Merc makes them and Yamaha requires you to buy an extension kit.
#4- (I'm gonna catch hell for this one) Merc is an American Company, Yamaha is not. I know they are all made in China now but Merc is an American owned company. Yes, I'm the only one in my family who drives Fords. I thought about an E-Tech but have always had luck with Mercs and liked the extended warrenty.

I also chose a 8 hp Merc 4-stroke for my back up motor that I got a very sweet deal on.

I live in Grays Harbor and know about getting wet, but everything is a trade off in life and I don't mind donning the rain gear for the open space on deck and by God when the sun does come out there's nothing greater than being in an open boat in the salt.

O.K. Let me have it!!! :skillet: :beer:

Okay...did ya know that I have no earthly idea where Grays Harbor is??????
That's my only beef.

We do ask for people to add State, Province, Territory and county, when you join into your profile. You're not the only one who is using a short version.
Yes, look at mine, I believe it says "location Nazi" - Jacksonville Florida. And damn proud of it. "location Nazi", not J-ville Florida all that much... :rotfl:

This isn't a Pacwest, New England, or any spacific area Forum, it's world wide. And 3/4's of the members live in areas I ain't never heard of.

Other than that. I'm lovin that Boat. As I like open center console, that are commercial tuff and highly versatile, to kill fish in a utilitarian kinda way, be it Bow and arrow or Zebco 202.
wetwhopper

Post by wetwhopper »

Would you believe me if I said I was in the Federal Witness Protection Program??? :mrgreen: O.K... O.K... I'm in Grays Harbor, Washington. It's right on the Washington coast next to the Olympic National Forrest. I live across the street from the Pacific Ocean. :scuba:

I'm having Joe fabricate depth charge rails on transom if a Zebco outfit and TnT dont work on the fishies. Lol!
Last edited by wetwhopper on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
wetwhopper

Post by wetwhopper »

Joe from Koffler Boats texted me and said he's running a bit behind at the shop. Several of the jobs that were promised last week took longer than should have and it looks like it will be the end of next week to pick up the boat now. :hammer:

I'm trying to do everything I can to stay busy... cut down, split rounds and then stacked 4 chords of firewood in my woodshed for next year, shooting pistols, riffles , took my eldest son (6yrs. old) on his 1st salt water fishing trip on a buds boat up in Seqiu, Wa. and hammered the pinks as well as a nice king and silver. I've power washed, exercised, read my Bible, worked on getting all caught up with my paper work, and anything else I could think of to keep my mind off my boat... I CAN"T TAKE IT TOO MUCH LONGER!!! :banghead: I'm going nutts! My wife told me I'm getting crankey and short with the kids. :shocked:
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

"""My wife told me I'm getting crankey"""

I'm always crankey. And has nothing to do with my boat, but rather the lack of Speckled Trout in my fridge.
Maybe I ought to try all that, too.

I believe that passage on new boat builds in the bible says, "he who waits patiently for his new custom alloy boat, is a more vertuous man." :popcorn: :popcorn:
wetwhopper

Post by wetwhopper »

Thanks for the "wise words of wisdom" uhhh... I think. :beer:
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Wet,
I had to wait 15 years to get the boat I have now and the last 12 weeks before she was done was a KILLER but Pacific and Kenny at Trade winds delivered on THE DAY they said they would. :beer:

Maybe your Wife can help you take your mind off of the boat. :joecool:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Your location: Stanwood, Wa

Post by goatram »

Les
His Luck He might get the Baby Girl he is waiting for.

Don't worry about the grumpy old man Dave. He meant it as a complement. He don't know how to act around mixed company :rotfl: A virtue to strive for. Wait and it will come.
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I do more mixed company than ya'll think....I've never read the bible, so I have to make it up as I go along. :rotfl: :rotfl: (haven't been incarcerated yet)

Damn, ya'll make me feel really lucky.

From handing Jay my bank check to when my boat pulled up in my driveway all the way from Washington it was only 89 days!
Impressive to say the least. Even in mixed company.
wetwhopper

Post by wetwhopper »

I'm not complaining (just whining), Joes been great, the boats lookn great, everything is where and how I want it. Heck, what's another week. Took my eldest boy fishn up in Seqiu, Wa. for the first time (with a friend) and got into a ton of pinks, a silver and he bagged his first King Salmon. He's totally hooked!!! Knowing that I'm going to have a good boat to do a ton more fishing with my kids makes it all worth the wait.

My family settled on a name for the Koffler (I didnt get any "say-so" whatsoever...) My two choices were the SEA FOX or AQUAMAN. I wanted the VILLARMINATOR or the LINGMEISTER, but got overruled and settled for the SEA FOX. Can't win them all! :deadhorse:
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Ya know a SEAFOX (parent company used to be Renken, I believe) is from what I can see, (and others) kind of a cheaply built plastic boat, that's in competiton for Bayliners ole position, I believe. Along with many others, that will remain nameless, so I can stay outa trouble.

Who's 'bout, "______ Fox"

Jus' leave Jettywolf alone :beer:

Here's a SeaFox.....Really NOT my cup O' tea!
But yours IS!

Waiting on MORE photogs :!:
wetwhopper

Post by wetwhopper »

OH CRAP that's unacceptable! I will have to show my family this post ASAP and then call Joe to tell him to order AQUAMAN stickers. Thanks for the "heads up". LOL! :highfive:
wetwhopper

Post by wetwhopper »

O.K. called an EFM "emergency family meeting" and told my family that I've waited 10 years to buy this boat and that there was NO WAY IN HELL (o.k. I didn't say "hell" for dear of my wife's wrath) i'm naming me boat the SEA FOX... so being the manly -man that I am I called Joe @ Koffler, told'em to throw away the SEA FOX stickers and order my new stickers with my new boat name!!! :clap: :nutkick: :highfive:
:thumbsup:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic