My transducer set up on my pacific

Mods and custom builds
pacific time

My transducer set up on my pacific

Post by pacific time »

Here are some photos of the transducer and the brackets that I made for my pacific.After talking to Irene at airmar I decided to go with their transom mount model tm 258 this is a 50/200khz 1kw transducer.The bracket that comes with this was designed to be picked up when running.I opted to build one that is permanatly mounted to the transom. Imageen ImagerunImage.

I took this setup out for a test on Monday and it preformed very well.It goes to a furuno fcv 585.The unit never lost track of bottom at speeds over 40 mph.So far I am really impressed with this setup.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Post by AlloyToy »

Looks like a good idea. No trim tabs huh?

Been working on fine tuning my transducer............

It's only a 500 or 600 watt transom mount unit.

Did Airmar recommend installing it on the port side?

Somebody's a machinist :D
pacific time

Post by pacific time »

No they did not recomend either side.The other side already had a transducer from my lowrance and the zinc was located their also.the mounts that pacific installed on the boats were located to low to the bottom of the boat for this large of a trasnducer.If you notice from the photo I mounted it to the motor mounting plate.This actually worked out perfect for clearance purposes.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Post by AlloyToy »

That's where I'm at..........Not sure if to low or to high. Made some adjustments with the many helpful people here, and hope to test it soon.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

what kind of sealant did ya use, and did you drill and tap the plate to attach that really cool mount?

BTW.....your in Pa. huh? Eastern Pa.????/

Went to high school in North Bucks County, just below Easton on the Deleware river, and north of Lake Nocamixon. (east Pa.)

You know Chris Gately??? He charters New Jersey out of a 23 Hard Top.
Rariton, NJ???....but lives in Milford. Which if thats the same Milford NJ I'm thinking of is just across from Upper Black Eddy, Pa.

I'm gonna have to contact him because he doesn't frequent our social club here.

Don'tcha just love how EZ it wiull be to attach trim tabs when its time?
Contact Jay at BLM when you add the tabs, they used a special brand sealant.
pacific time

Post by pacific time »

I used no sealants in my mounting procedure.I drilled and tapped the motor transom bracket and attached it this way.The front of the transducer is about 1/4 inch below the hull.The back is at about a 5 degree angle forward.I was going to use a epoxy to fill in the void between the hull and transducer if it threw up a big rooster tail.even wide open this did not happen, so I will not epoxy at this time.
Jettywolf I am from northwest pa.I have not heard of your friend.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

He's just an fellow Black Lab owner...So your a lake man?

If in Fresh water I guess there's no need to isolate the SS bolts from the Alloy then.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic