Boat watching in P-cola

General boating discussion
dawgaholic
Your location: Middle Georgia

Boat watching in P-cola

Post by dawgaholic »

USS Independence:

I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Re: Boat watching in P-cola

Post by JETTYWOLF »

You're in P-cola??????

Oh gawd, not more Navy ships. Dawg, ya wanna see Navy ships, ya didn't or don't have to go that far.

We have them here, and way too plenty!!!!

We just found out NO nuke carrier will be coming thank goodness :!: :!: :!: :!:

I'd have to really move if the "city of Navyl" showed up. Can imagine, what my fishing would be like if I was even more of a threat to national security????? We all breathed a deep breath when the news broke.

Another reason for cutting the defense budget. Lowly Fisherman can keep their jobs.

RANT OVER, comence :nutkick:
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

You're in P-cola??????
I still travel when my unique and particular abilities are required. And yes, I'm familiar with Mayport as Blount Island was my destination de jour back and during the Kuwait-Iraq hostilities. I've been on dozens of Navy vessels and it never fails to cause the hair on my arms to raise when I step aboard one.

And at the other end of Santa Rosa Sound is Destin, where we have vacation digs, so whenever down that way I tend to return the long way so I can spend a night there. Dude, they are WEARING OUT the Snapper in the Bay! Ridiculous it is, when you find them they are like schools of piranha so thick they are. They are picking up some decent slot reds now but the trout are tiny still....
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

So I guess you were in P-COLA...

Those p-ricks over on Blount Isle have taken $$ straight outa my and other's bank accounts, just like the navy.
You won't get no love from me about the military, thats fer sure. My hairs stand straight up with disgust :!:

Snapper, keepers?
2012 - the shortest of all gulf seasons. And they cry like lil' girls. 2032 here on the Atlantic! Lost J-O-B-S, lost economy.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/02/shortes ... _ever.html
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

No regulation of the FOREIGN or domestic commercials is the root of the problem, we all know this and so long as they can buy themselves Government officials, so shall it remain. So in essence, denial of fishing for Americans = MORE fish for the foreign flag motherships.

Back to Pcola though, stopped for a bite and got to jawing with the locals and the Bay/inshore fishing is the best its been in years. The deeper holes are the ticket so huge advantage to the locals there but the bridge/pier/surf crowd is enjoying it just as much. Had to stop in Navarre as that was once our spot, WAY back in the days prior to development. Was the best beach fishing spot ever due to the 30' cut one could reach from shore. Horrible rip current though but the hurricanes since re-arranged all that.

The jetty at East Pass is giving up keeper Reds, drum, sheepies, and grouper but not anything like what you are used to over there. This Full Moon should be the ticket for this Weekend however so I'm taking my Grandson to the Lake Saturday, weather permitting. Got the fishing bug so bad I can hardly sit still! :skipper:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic