19ft Pacific Skiff, 4-stroke Yamaha, Trailer - Price Reduced

Sell or Trade your Alloy boat here
danlongfl
Your location: Florida

19ft Pacific Skiff, 4-stroke Yamaha, Trailer - Price Reduced

Post by danlongfl »

For Sale: 19ft Pacific Skiff Boat, 4-stroke Yamaha, Trailer, Electronics

I bought this boat new from Black Lab Marine (Jay Perotta) in 2000, with the idea that it would be the last boat I would ever buy (which turns out to be true as terminal illness forces sale--don't want the wife to get stuck with expensive toys). This boat is ready to fish today. Everything functions as it should. Picture links are shown below.

I had a boat shed built while waiting for delivery, so the boat has never spent a night in the elements. Even though I launched the boat in Crystal River, I hosed it off and flushed the motor after each use. I think when I last looked at the hour meter, it showed 345 hours.

The only problem that I'm aware of is the antiskid surface has come up near the rear of the boat. There is a large cooler which covers most of the discrepant area. I use the cooler for seating and for storing catch. When I washed the deck after an outing, it didn't all drain out. The water under the cooler damaged the antiskid coating. At this point, it a cosmetic defect.

The sale includes the boat, a 115 hp 4-cycle Yamaha (max 42 mph, cruise 30 mph), the aluminum trailer, Icom Radio, Lowrance GPS, Furuno Fish Finder, spare prop (never used), dual battery system, heavy duty boarding ladder, anchor and line, removable pole holders, high quality net, and Boca Grip.

This boat is set up for fishing. The large box in front is a full 4' by 2'. It is made from 1/4 inch plate aluminum. It is used for seating and dry storage. It could be removed, or it could be converted for wet use. There is nothing mounted behind the console, except for the cooler which is held in place with a strap.

Yamaha 115 hp,4-cycle
Many times when you buy a used boat, you are figuring on buying a new motor. In this case, plan on NEVER having to buy a new motor. It runs like new, and it has been maintained properly. The first 100 hours, I used regular oil, and then I switched to Mobile 1. It has never had damage to the lower unit. A few years ago I sent the injectors out for testing and cleaning--all were in good shape, and improved slightly with cleaning.

I selected the 115 model because it provided the right combination of economy and power. I usually spend $15-$20 per trip for gas.

After each trip, I extend the tilt/trim system all the way up. I clean all of the pistons, apply grease, and store in the full down position. The pistons are like new.

Trailer
When I bought this trailer, I paid a LOT extra to get all stainless steel hardware. I wash down the trailer after each use. The tires have been replaced in recent years.

Icom Radio
Works perfectly. The antenna is one of the better Shakespeare models with internal gold connections. I verified the SWR (standing wave ratio) for the antenna/feedline to be very low.

Lowrance GPS
I upgraded to this Lowrance 7200C in October 2007. It has a large 7" display, and is easily viewed in sunlight. It locks onto the satellites within a few seconds due to the high quality external antenna.

Furuno Fishfinder
This is the model FCV-620 color fishfinder, and the 525STID-PWD transducer. I upgraded to this in September 2008. It is a very high quality unit (still available on Amazon--expensive).

All pics were taken last week, except for the last one, which was taken a few years ago.

Terms
The boat is located at my home in Florida, 80 miles north of Tampa, near Crystal River (at this location 21 years). The price is $19,000-cash or wire. Of course you may come to look at it--send an email and I will send my number and personal info.

Dan Long (retired engineer)
Dunnellon, FL

email:
bigradio@live.com
Last edited by danlongfl on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Your location: Stanwood, Wa

Re: For Sale: 19' 6" Pacific Skiff Boat, 4CY Yamaha, Trailer

Post by goatram »

Welcome Dan.
I wish it was for better reasons. Selling your boat and medical issues really suck. I wish you well and a fast sale.

What kinda fishing did you do with your girl?
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Post by Chaps »

Nice boat. Interesting to see their build from that time frame. That boat is a long way from home!
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
danlongfl

Post by danlongfl »

Hi John,

I mostly used the boat for flats fishing for Sea Trout and Redfish. Occasionally I went further offshore for grouper. I also like shark steak, so a few of those were kept every year.

Thanks much for the kind words.

Dan
danlongfl

Post by danlongfl »

Hi Chaps,

Yes, this boat is a long way from home. I was looking for aluminum boats on the internet when I found the Pacific Skiff website, and then Black Lab Marine in Maine. I flew up to Maine for a test drive, and they subsequently shipped me a boat from Seattle. It has been "head and shoulders" above any other boat I've owned.

Best wishes,
Dan
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Dan, welcome to AAB and I too wish it was for other reasons. You should have a quick sale at that price.
Just because you are selling the boat doesn't mean you can't still participate here on the forum, we would like to see pictures of your captures and stories of using your boat in Florida. I bet you have some good stories just from the launch ramp....

"Hey mister, is that thing made out of Stainless Steel?"
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
danlongfl

Re: 19ft Pacific Skiff, 4-stroke Yamaha, Trailer - Price Red

Post by danlongfl »

I decided to reduce the price today to $19,000. My health is detiorating, and I need to conclude a sale while I'm still able.

Welder, here is my favorite picture. My dad (who is in his 80's--I'm 64) comes to Florida every year to go fishing. Here is a picture of him with a nice grouper.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31384005/Dad%20Grouper.jpg

Best wishes to all !
Dan
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

OH MAN.....HATE TO READ STUFF LIKE THIS

ESPECIALLY A TROUT FISHING "FELLOW BLM FLORIDA OWNER"

I THOUGHT WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO COUNT "US" ON ONE HAND :!:

IF I HAD THE CASHOLA, I'D TAKE THAT SWEET THANG OFF YOUR HANDS TO MAKE SOME COIN, UP HERE IN JACKSONVILLE :!:

I COULD CERTAINLY ALWAYS USE A BACK UP BOAT, AND I CERTAINLY DON'T WANT TO SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN A "PACIFIC", THAT'S FOR SURE.
dave
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Your location: Riverview, FL

Post by dave »

Welcome Dan,

What a nice boat at a great price. It should go quickly.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Dan,

Don't know how I got the call, but I just got off the phone with a guy who called ME and thought I owned your boat.
He want to talk to you ASAP!

He's in the Bahamas

Name is INGRAM, and his phone is 954-246-4859

I guess he just mistaked me as having the boat...... :?:
kman
Your location: Ma

Post by kman »

???
markepping
Your location: Long Beach, Ca

Post by markepping »

Dan,

I am in Long Beach, CA working for a large marine construction company. One of our offices is in Jacksonville. We will buy your boat. You can contact me @ (562) 983-2386 or on this post.

Thanks,
Mark Epping
Manson Construction Co.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

So I wonder if she went from Trout and redbass fishing inshore waters of Tampa to being beat up working for a living :?:
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Post by AlloyToy »

Anyone know if this boat sold??
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

I just sent a PM to Mark to see if they bought it .
Lester,
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Thanks Les I have a buddy interested......
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I told Dawg, if this won't catch Georgia Catfish and Land locked Stripers......Nothing will :!: :idea: :!: :idea: :!: :idea:

If I didn't have a 225 white elephant Honda outboard in my garage that I can't find a battery cable for to run it and sell it this bastard would have been M-I-N-E.

And would live a beautiful life, North of the Tampa Area chasing Trout and Redbass, and travelling to Lake P. in Slidell LOUISIANA. :thumbsup: and get so slimey the previous owner would be jelous.

Is this dang boat gone or not :?:
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Guy from Australia was up here buying boats, and shipping them back, he bought my buddies boat and now my buddy has $$$$$ burning a hole in his pocket

He wants Alloy this time around :idea:
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Wish he was up yonder buying houses and shipping them back so I can ship to Sportsman Paradise.

They, who ever they were, also did that during the Gulf Oil spill, buying up cheap running boats for cleanup ops.
A buddy sold his Carolina skiff to a guy that was the broker.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

This boat was SOLD and the gentleman has died.
RIP Dan.
Lester,
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic