Here it comes yall....

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
welder
Site Admin

Here it comes yall....

Post by welder »

DOD’s 846,000 face firing or unpaid leave - DHS buys 10 million in full auto weapons

Well, here it comes... if you work for the DoD bend over....

The Pentagon has given managers authority to start firing some of its 46,000 temporary workers now in anticipation of across-the-board spending cuts set to take effect in March according to Deputy Defense Secretary Ashton Carter.

By mid-February, the Defense Department also is likely to begin notifying its 800,000 civilian employees that they face mandatory unpaid leave one day per week starting in April unless Congress and President Barack Obama agree on a way to avert the spending cuts aimed at reducing the federal deficit, Carter told reporters in a briefing at the Pentagon today.
DOD

Navy orders cuts to begin now; thousands to be fired
Navy orders cuts to begin now; thousands to be fired - U.S. - Stripes

Army freezes hiring, says most will be furloughed
Army freezes hiring, says most will be furloughed - U.S. - Stripes

These reduction in force measures will not only put people in the welfare line, it will seriously cause second-order effects in America's defense machine by deferring maintenance on weapons and other equipment for example, and will eventually erode the combat fitness of military units.
Pentagon: Budget crisis could hurt Afghan war effort - News - Stripes

But yet...

The Department of Homeland Security is seeking to acquire 7,000 5.56x45mm NATO “personal defense weapons” (PDW) — also known as “assault weapons” when owned by civilians. The solicitation, originally posted on June 7, 2012, comes to light as the Obama administration is calling for a ban on semi-automatic rifles and high capacity magazines.

Citing a General Service Administration (GSA) request for proposal (RFP), Steve McGough of RadioViceOnline.com reports that DHS is asking for the 7,000 “select-fire” firearms because they are “suitable for personal defense use in close quarters.” The term select-fire means the weapon can be both semi-automatic and automatic. Civilians are prohibited from obtaining these kinds of weapons.
B.1 PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
The anticipated period of performance of this contract is 5 years with a base year and four one year option periods.

B.2 BASE CONTRACT
The base contract period shall begin at date of contract award and extend for 12 months. Beginning at date of award and during this 12 month period, the government may issue delivery orders for the following supplies at the prices specified below. All unit prices are firm-fixed. Orders will be issued pursuant in accordance with the ordering provisions of this contract.

B.6 MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM
During the base period and four option periods of this contract the assured minimum is $30,000. During the base period and four option periods of this contract the maximum ceiling is $9,800,000.00.
If ‘Assault Weapons’ Are Bad…Why Does DHS Want to Buy 7,000 of Them for ‘Personal Defense’? | TheBlaze.com

So let's see, First Obama and his accomplices try to disarm us, then cut the capability of our Military, and finally outfit his private army with almost 10 million dollars of fully automatic weapons to be used on US soil; and don't forget the purchase of 2 billion rounds of hollow point hand gun ammo which can't be used for war, by the way.

Does anyone have any large camo netting? I need to hide my house from the black helicopters!
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
dave
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Your location: Riverview, FL

Re: Here it comes yall....

Post by dave »

I've never understood why we even need DHS. I really don't think my 93 year old mother needs to be pulled aside for further scruntity. You would think these half-wits would be smart enough to put aside "Political correctness" and concentrate on who may actually be a threat. I'm 68. After reading this, they will probably strip search me on my next flight.
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Your location: Stanwood, Wa

Post by goatram »

dave wrote:I've never understood why we even need DHS. I really don't think my 93 year old mother needs to be pulled aside for further scruntity. You would think these half-wits would be smart enough to put aside "Political correctness" and concentrate on who may actually be a threat. I'm 68. After reading this, they will probably strip search me on my next flight.

They do searches for negative postings So Dave Wear clean Skivees next time you get on the Airplane :sarge:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Post by Chaps »

Who needs boots on the ground when the drone thingies can win your battles for you with the secondary benefit of no body bags? :gunner2: (Obama war strategy)

Our allies (do we have any real ones left?) are going to have to start ponying up for their own battle toys and armies, things are about to get interesting as we fade from the scene

Oh, and yeah, any of you folks out there working on big alloy boat contracts for the gubmint, watch yer back
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

oh, THAT military machine......

WE BECOME ACOSTOMED TO HAVING THE FEDERAL military machine, DOLLARS FLOWING!

If you lived where I live, you can't wait to NOT have a nuclear carrier sitting in your back yard, and 10 thousand people clogging the road ways and making for alot of transients. Who care about nothing to do with the community as a whole.
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Looking beyond individual needs, you realize how much that navy ship brings to the local economy?????? Send em here to SoCal.... never met a nicer group of kids. I'll shake every one of their hands thanking them.
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic