The Sculpin (23' Edwing)

A Place to Show and Tell
Sculpin

The Sculpin (23' Edwing)

Post by Sculpin »

Well I finally got around to getting some pictures together to post. These are some of the photos I received from the previous owner. Here it goes.
I'll post some interior shots soon.
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Here are some interior shots. She's a little rough on the finishing side but hey I didn't want a yacht :) .

Here is one during the construction stage showing the rear steering station seat and platform (removable).

Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Here are some other misc. photos I aquired off ifish and some action shots.

Here are some other photos of Edwing owners (not my vessel) I was told there was only around 8 cabin models made.

Here is a shot of a 23' Center Console with a phone booth style console

Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10
Your location: NY

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Nice Rig, Good Luck with her! Looking at your picturesw, May I suggest for your decking in the cockpit that you think about rolling on HERCULINER from JC Whitney. One gallon does 60-square feet. If you look at may pictures under SHOP TALK you can see how it looks, I think you'll really like it, as well as it is a great and durable material. What did you name her??? Marty
Last edited by Ironwoodtuna on Mon May 12, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Thanks for remembering to post the pics. Vancouver Island....man all my dad could talk about is how beautiful B.C. is when he was there last.

He said he never saw a place as GREEN, and it was late May of last year when he went thru there on his way to Alaska.

We never discourage pics of beautiful water front areas either.

Good luck with the new boat.....can't wait to see all what your gonna do with her. That's the really cool pics.
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Ironwoodtuna wrote:Nice Rig, Good Luck with her! Looking at your picturesw, May I suggest for your decking in the cockpit that you think about rolling on ARMORTEC from Cabelas. One gallon does 60-square feet. If you look at may pictures under SHOP TALK you can see how it looks, I think you'll really like it, as well as it is a great and durable material. What did you name her??? Marty
I am looking into different deck coatings to redo what's there. Thanks for the tip on the Cabela's stuff. I kept the name Sculpin (tuff resilient bull head) and besides it's bad luck to change the name of a boat :D .
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

JETTYWOLF wrote:Thanks for remembering to post the pics. Vancouver Island....man all my dad could talk about is how beautiful B.C. is when he was there last.

He said he never saw a place as GREEN, and it was late May of last year when he went thru there on his way to Alaska.

We never discourage pics of beautiful water front areas either.

Good luck with the new boat.....can't wait to see all what your gonna do with her. That's the really cool pics.
Just for you my friend here is some photos from my lot on the West Coast of the "The Rock" Vancouver Island. It's just a 7 minute boat ride to the wide open Pacific. Just around the corner from Ucluelet if you want to google Earth it. It's called Salmon Beach.

Here's a photo of the boat launch

There are numerous little breaks right out front perfect for long board surfing when not out fishing.

Just past those islands is the wide open Blue

Bob5292
Your location: Seattle

Post by Bob5292 »

That is an amazing spot. I've spent two weeks every year for the last 20 years, about 1 mile east of there at Toquart Bay. He has access to huge kings, halibut, and tuna all within an hours boat ride. That area also has all of the clams, oysters, mussels, scallops, and if you know where to look crab and prawns you can eat.

Bob
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

what the hell am I doing here :?: :?: :?: :?:

Oh thats right, it's Florida. The land of opportunity....NOT. But then again, I can't see any snow and ice. It's not fair to post pic of July weather only.

Although, right now if someone offered me a decent job, where I could at least fish when I had too (IE: when the fish are on fire) I'd love to be some place else.

That's just un-believably beautiful.

BTW, how far away is "real" work? (Ya know where some one pays to have $hit done that know one else wants to do or cannot do.) Because that looks like your out in the middle of BFE, to me.

Is those places permanant residences? You said "lot"?

The house with the red roof, next to the boat ramp looks all too easy to go bankcrupt, because putting the boat in for some fishing is just yards away.

And I thought I was close to a boat ramp....5 minutes!

Oh....a recreational living area?
I found this: http://www.energyalternatives.ca/system ... tems1.html
Interesting. But not for a broke fishing guide. So I won't even look any further
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

JETTYWOLF wrote:what the hell am I doing here :?: :?: :?: :?:

Oh thats right, it's Florida. The land of opportunity....NOT. But then again, I can't see any snow and ice. It's not fair to post pic of July weather only.

Although, right now if someone offered me a decent job, where I could at least fish when I had too (IE: when the fish are on fire) I'd love to be some place else.

That's just un-believably beautiful.

BTW, how far away is "real" work? (Ya know where some one pays to have $hit done that know one else wants to do or cannot do.) Because that looks like your out in the middle of BFE, to me.

Is those places permanant residences? You said "lot"?

The house with the red roof, next to the boat ramp looks all too easy to go bankcrupt, because putting the boat in for some fishing is just yards away.

And I thought I was close to a boat ramp....5 minutes!

Oh....a recreational living area?
I found this: http://www.energyalternatives.ca/system ... tems1.html
Interesting. But not for a broke fishing guide. So I won't even look any further
Salmon Beach is a recreation community. You have title to your lot (it is not strata) so you own your dirt. My lot is up the hill a couple of blocks away from the ramp with a ocean view. Typical lot size is 60' x 120' some are bigger. I live on the East coast of the island and it is exactly a 2.5 hour drive from my house. There is a real mix going on for jobs on the island. Lot's of construction going on. Forestry sector is in the dumps with lots of closures going on and bankruptcies. Realestate is sky high IMO. Try googling Salmonbeach.com and you'll see what it is all about. It is the cheapest recreation property on the Island right now.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Yeah I did and was clicking away and saw that "Green" project web site, for that community, I guess ya have to be sort livin' green there. It's not like here where water bubbles up from the sand 10 feet below your feet.

That place is just R-O-C-K.

So I guess no poor azz fishing guides live up that way, huh?

Man, do I need to find me a new forum. (Ya'll are just too fancy for this ole fisherman).

But it's a real education....about who really is the Alloy boat lovers. Too bad running my blog doesn't pay about 50K a year. I'd be in hawg heaven then.

Its worth the price of admission here just to see where ya all live and play.

I guess I can say I'm in "quality company".

I hated to read the THT forum after awhile (where AAB.com spawned from)because I had zero in common with the Millionaire S. Florida crowd and all their gimmick boats.
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

JETTYWOLF wrote:Yeah I did and was clicking away and saw that "Green" project web site, for that community, I guess ya have to be sort livin' green there. It's not like here where water bubbles up from the sand 10 feet below your feet.

That place is just R-O-C-K.

So I guess no poor azz fishing guides live up that way, huh?

Man, do I need to find me a new forum. (Ya'll are just too fancy for this ole fisherman).

But it's a real education....about who really is the Alloy boat lovers. Too bad running my blog doesn't pay about 50K a year. I'd be in hawg heaven then.

Its worth the price of admission here just to see where ya all live and play.

I guess I can say I'm in "quality company".

I hated to read the THT forum after awhile (where AAB.com spawned from)because I had zero in common with the Millionaire S. Florida crowd and all their gimmick boats.
Salmon beach is a real mix of folks mostly ones that can't afford the half million dollar water front lots in other area's. There are lot's of working class folks, lot's of retired folks, young families etc. People you can relate to. I only have a piece of dirt (which I saved along time for) and by buying the Edwing will have to put off building a cabin on it for a couple of years. Most of the folks just have trailers and shelters on their lots and just in the last few years they let you build small cabins 560- 720 ft sq.
This is by no means a country club setting. No services. Collect your own water. Holding tank for waste water. Generator, solar, or wind power for electricity.

Oh yeah, there are lotz of poor azz fishing guides up here :D .
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

Looks like heaven to me too!
What are property taxes like up there?
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10
Your location: NY

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Rock, I thought the coating was Armortec it was HERCULINER from JC Whitney, I just ordered another gallon for doing the rest of the cockpit.
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Thanks Marty. Can you put that stuff on overtop of existing deck paint? Any prep required?
alumnut

Post by alumnut »

Hey i know this boat.It used to be in Newport Oregon.Many a albacore has hit the deck of her.Good luck with your new boat.Rick
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Thanks Rick. Many Salmon, Halibut, and Lingcod have hit her deck lately. Sorry no Albi's yet. August is the month up here off Brooks Pennisula. I think I have to go try it no matter what with what I got. I will probably burn lots of fuel looking for em but I understand that is part of the game.
I am real happy with the vessel and everyone that has fished with me say's they love how stable she is while fishing and love all the deck space.
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
BMac

Post by BMac »

Great boat and great pics mate! :)
Cheers
Brendan
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic