Bob Wooldridge turned 90 years old!

General boating discussion
glen wooldridge
Sponsor
Your location: Seattle WA

Bob Wooldridge turned 90 years old!

Post by glen wooldridge »

Bob Wooldridge just turned 90 years old!

One of the nicest men in the world, Bob Wooldridge, had his 90th. Birthday, Wednesday, November 5th.
An amazing milestone for an amazing man!

Wooldridge Boats would not be the company it is today without the hard work, faith and prayers that Bob (and Ann) Wooldridge have provided over the years.

THANK YOU SO MUCH BOB AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Side Note: In September, when it was time to deliver the 32' Pilot (That has been on the Pilothouse Under Construction thread,) to Tacoma, Bob volunteered to take it. Glen said thanks, why don't you come with me. We will go together. WB
Wooldridge Boats
1303 S 96th St.
Seattle, WA. 98108-5011
Hours: Monday through Friday
7:30AM to 4:00PM
welder
Site Admin

Re: Bob Wooldridge turned 90 years old!

Post by welder »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB, hope you had a GREAT DAY.
And
Can we get a current picture of all three of you Wooldridge boys, Bob,Glen and Grant?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Post by AlloyToy »

Wow!! Congrats and Happy Birthday :beer:

I would love to hear the start-up story and how he began building boats, and all the experiences along the journey. I had the honors of spending 3 hours with Jack Winninghoff out here on the east coast. Quite the remarkable man. I'm sure the stories Bob could tell would be just as remarkable.
glen wooldridge
Sponsor

welder wrote:HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB, hope you had a GREAT DAY.
And
Can we get a current picture of all three of you Wooldridge boys, Bob,Glen and Grant?
I'll try to get you that soon. I'm going to be gone next week. Glen
Wooldridge Boats
1303 S 96th St.
Seattle, WA. 98108-5011
glen wooldridge
Sponsor

AlloyToy wrote:Wow!! Congrats and Happy Birthday :beer:

I would love to hear the start-up story and how he began building boats, and all the experiences along the journey. I had the honors of spending 3 hours with Jack Winninghoff out here on the east coast. Quite the remarkable man. I'm sure the stories Bob could tell would be just as remarkable.
Thanks for the congratulations. If you love history and true stories, there's a book about my Grandfather and the starting of Wooldridge Boats called "A River to Run." It has 276 pages of wonderful stories and over 180 historic pictures. In the Forward, written by Ted Trueblood, associate editor of Field & Stream at the time, he states..."Glen is the best story teller I know. Most of this book is in Glen Wooldridge's own words - The same stories that charmed his guests for more than 60 years on the Rogue River."

You can find this book on our website, in our store. Go to: http://www.wooldridgeboats.com, then click "Store." Glen
P.S. Many customers have told me they've had a hard time putting this book down. If you'd like to come visit my dad, he loves to tell stories.
Wooldridge Boats
1303 S 96th St.
Seattle, WA. 98108-5011
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Glen my Wife started reading my copy of your book last night after seeing this thread, she is really liking the history in the book and would like to meet the Wooldridge Family one day.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
glen wooldridge
Sponsor

glen wooldridge wrote:
welder wrote:Can we get a current picture of all three of you Wooldridge boys, Bob,Glen and Grant?
Here's a neat photo we found in the Wooldridge archives showing (L-R)Grant , Grant's uncle Don, Bob and Glen.
It was taken in front of Zane Grey's cabin on the Rogue River in 2009.
Btw, Don has been rigger for Wooldridge boats for over 30 years.WB
Wooldridge Boats
1303 S 96th St.
Seattle, WA. 98108-5011
lljdavis
Your location: United States

Post by lljdavis »

River to Run is an interesting read. Glen talks about "shooting" the Rogue with dynamite to make it passable. The Forest Service provided the dynamite. My how times have changed. Glen said he could have finished the job at Blossom Bar to keep people from dying. He was right about that. Seems like every year someone loses their life at that rapid.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic