http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CAWNnMx ... re=related

It's a guy thing...
1989 22' Walkaround Cuddy Bayrunner
2001 115 Merc. 4 stroke/1988 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke kicker
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I think we're mostly guys here.....what's the rest of the concensus????

I'd be watching and keeping up with every fight and my favorites if I still had Pirated Direct TV and unlimited PPV. Back than I was a real fan when I could keep up.

Plus enjoyed K1 Pride just as much. But prefer the littler guys and the real MMA's who know more than just bar room brawling.
Last edited by JETTYWOLF on Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bullshipper

Post by Bullshipper »

Kimbo is a hard puncher and a smart guy, but the buzz is that his handlers are rushing him in over his head just to make a quick buck.

I believe a NY policeman has already beaten him up pretty bad in a cheap exhibition fight.
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10
Your location: NY

SORRY,NOT IMPRESSED!

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

IN2DEEP,

Kimbo is a big guy and hard puncher, but after watching many of his fights, I am not impressed.

I haven't seen anyone fight Kimbo with any technque, more big puncher to big puncher. His hands are big, but slow and could easily be controlled and taken advantage of. Faber would give him one hell of an BACK SIDE kickin, even at 100# less in weight.

I guess my 26-Years training in and teaching Chinese Wing Chun Kung Fu makes me more interested in the reality of the Uriija Faber & Jen Pulver fight tomorrow night.

Can't wait till tomorrow night for the Faber fight, his apponent should be one hell of a battle. I just hope Faber is his agressive calm self, not cocky, just in-game. Pulver is a real aggresive tough guy who could win if Faber doesn't do-game! LETS GET IT ON!
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Yeah seen Kimbo on brawls on YouTube before

It was all fun, but as soon as I saw that english dudes ear, I had to wonder. At least he gave Kimbo a run for his money.

I was hoping Kimbo could get over techniqued.

The Robby Lawler fight was mighty depressing huh????

Hey Kimbo Slice against Bob Sapp......Yeah!
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Elite XC FIGHT RESULTS

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Its all getting ruined by it going to regular TV. I can't beleive they had dancing girls, jerkoff flashy robes by Bad BACK SIDE New Yorker (what a joke) he got his due, Uh! SMASHED!

Keep the UFC, WEC, KI and all the MMA fights off regular TV. They will ruin the sport with all the flash and BS. All of those guys on Elite XC were a joke as cage fighters. The regulars in the WEC, UFC, are the real cage fighters and would have taken that whole crowd of puncks on Elite XC out in the first round. IMO!

Tonight should be the real wars! Can't wait!

Kimbo, has increased his arsenal for sure, but I think if he fought to te ground with a good jusitsu guy, it would have been over very quickly, the amount of opprotunities to get him in a submission were many.

That ballon of an ear that guy had terrible, needs a good plastic surgeon. With all the MMA fighters with those type of ears being created maybe their will be a special on Discovery's "Medical Miracle" and a fortune can be made.

Jettywolf, maybe you should now take to take out your filet knife and start practicing on cauliflowers bulbs, not seatrouts. Ha! Ha!
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I agree his ear was gross, before the punch.....but Kimbo filleted him real good.

C'C'mon now. Haven't you seen the "flashiness" on UFC too?

Some do, some don't. But maybe that's why I enjoy K1 Pride fighting in Japan. Although the black dude with the big Chains around his neck has done some flashy crap there too.

I sort of liked it on rabbit ears TV. Gave me a chance to watch what I used to watch when I had Direct TV, back years ago.

Still better than any boxing. And not wiping the blood off the deck made for good TV too.

unfortunately, with ole Bos Rutten as a coach this guy may go far. I wanted to see him get his head or arm twisted into a different zip code, as I like underdogs.

Mirko "Cro Cop".....yeah. He took big Bob Sapp down. That's the fight I'd like to see Kimbo in. Against those deadly flying feet to the temple.
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Jettywolf,

THat was some battle that Faber & Pulfer had! No that's great MMA fighting and respect. Torres and the Japanese guy was also a unbeleivable fight too!

We all can now see that Faber has a lot to offer. He is always cool, calm and collect, but with a never ending agression to pumel his apponent. He showed he had far more talent than what was not know about his skills and levels. He really covered well from Pulfer's hard and powerful left punch ,with the right round house body kicks and the way he kept his right hand up, protecting his right side of his head and then the power it gave him to right straight punch back with.

Awesome fights last night for the most part. Great sportsmanship!
IN2DEEP
WON Super Star Donator '08, '09, '10, '11

Post by IN2DEEP »

VERY ENTERTAINING!!!

Having seen only a few of these fights in the past(no cable or satellite TV)
I was totally entertained with the fighting.
I fast forwarded through the dancing girls and the most of the intros and just wanted to see the fighting.
I admit that I don't know much about the sport, but it's fun to watch.
Especially liked the girls going at it. Good stuff!

Here's a few quotes from the announcer that had me rolling on the ground:

"Smokin' Joe smoked the New York Bad Azz like a fine Cuban Cigar"

"If I were Slice, I would pinpoint that Alien Life Form that used to be Thomas's left ear"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Marty
I missed the main event but caught a few at my dads house (full on Cable TV) and they were really fun. Mom thought it was stupid, dad watched a couple. Then we had to go to work on web site stuff.

I could watch them all the time.....oh thats right I used too, back in the day.

I hope Slice gets chopped down by the likes of a real MMA master. If so let me know what happened. He reminds me too much of Mike Tyson. Just full of Rage. Too bad the English guy's ear POPPED! I think he may have pulled it through.

Thanks IN2DEEP for alerting "us who care"....ya know, us men??
IN2DEEP
WON Super Star Donator '08, '09, '10, '11

Post by IN2DEEP »

JETTYWOLF,

Just because we watch that stuff doesn't make us men. I think any household with children present should avoid this kind of programming. :?

That Kimbo Slice has some tough skin! :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

After the end of the second round, I think most anyone else would have been bleeding. He was getting pounded on!!!

If you didn't get a chance to see the main event here are the video links

This is round 3. Can't seem to copy the other two previous rounds

WARNING: THIS PROGRAM MAY CONTAIN SCENES OF VIOLENCE
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3591&hl=en
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic