OH MY GOODNESS!!!

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10
Your location: NY

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

I just got the call yesterday before I left the Salt Lake City Utah airport to come home that my girls is all FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just before I left to Utah, the fuel hose, clip got cracked and popped spewing fuel all over the engine compartment. After it was fixing the cracked clip. I spun the surpinten belt because it was coated in diesel fuel and it ate the idler pulley and just had a terrible weekend before leaving to Utah.

Boy I'll never forget to put fuel stabilizer in before winterizing her. I blew the high-pressure fuel injector pump not once but twice and four of the six injectors. But he changed all 6 to make sure she will be like new.
Oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

It has been the worst luck spring I ever had, but now the B.S. is finally behind me...well....almost...
Now that I am back and now that my girl is all fixed and ready to go fishing offshore for the TUNAS, look at this weather report for this weekend:

OFFSHORE WATERS FORECAST

400 PM EDT THU JUN 26 2008

NEW ENGLAND CONTINENTAL SHELF AND SLOPE WATERS FROM 25 NM
OFFSHORE TO THE HAGUE LINE...EXCEPT TO 1000 FM S OF NEW ENGLAND
SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.SOUTH OF NEW ENGLAND...FROM THE GREAT SOUTH CHANNEL TO HUDSON CANYON INCLUDING THE WATERS SOUTH OF MARTHA VINEYARD AND NANTUCKET ISLAND...OUT TO 1000 FM 400 PM EDT THU JUN 26 2008

TONIGHT
W TO SW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 3 TO 6 FT...HIGHEST
SE. SCATTERED SHOWERS.

FRI
W TO SW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT.

FRI NIGHT
W TO SW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 4 TO 7 FT...HIGHEST
S.

SAT AND SAT NIGHT
S TO SW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. SEAS BUILDING TO
6 TO 9 FT SAT.

SUN AND MON
S TO SW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. SEAS BUILDING TO 7 TO
11 FT MON.

TUE
W TO SW WINDS DIMINISHING TO 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS SUBSIDING
TO 4 TO 7 FT...HIGHEST SE.

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH

Just can't catch a break...but I will bloody the decks with some big stripers tomorrow night! Marty
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Post by AlloyToy »

Well she's fixed........you'll get your shot at the offshore waters

How' the temps at the canyons Marty?
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

HAVE A LOOK! YOU TELL ME???

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

I am loosing my mind looking at this chart...

THe warm core in on the Block and the big gulf stream eddy is coming, but there are YFT and Marlin caught last two weeks...

look at this report:
OFFSHORE REPORTS
BLOCK CANYON
Made the run to 1000 fathoms south of Block Canyon on Sat. Worked east in 69-71 water with some life, tons of skippies. Moved to the west 5 miles and found break with rip, weed line 67-73, Mako 200# eats a rainbow bar and we work it to the boat and get chopped off. Cross over to warm side double on 50# yft, all the mahi you wanted tight to the junk in the weed line. Watched a downeast boat Joyce ANN? release a nice blue marlin right next to us. Fish ate a spreaderbar as well. Good shakedown, nice to be offshore on June 14th.
For us, the key was working west towards Dip (still in 1000 ftms). More life and edge was as pronounced as I have ever seen. Textbook, your charts and turbidity were dead on. Lesson for the day: don't waste time trolling in dead water, RUN to find something that looks good and pound it. Mike Tucci

"Glue Me" fished Block Canyon and the Dip June 12-13. Day one we had one yellowfin at 9AM in 71.5 degree water at 1000 fathoms West of Block Canyon. Working our way West we had one white marlin hit and miss, then another one on the way working back to the East. A boat near us, Gambler, released a blue marlin over 500lb. Set up for the night at 500+ fathoms in Block Canyon with an Eastward drift in 72 degree water and marking bait. One small mako gave us an air show with one of the tuna baits in his mouth then broke free & that was it for the night. In the morning we went 6 for 7 on yellowfin then moved back to marlin country where we went 1 for 4 on white marlin. Tally for the trip: 6 yellowfin in the box up to 60lbs. 1 white marlin around 80lb released.

HUDSON CANYON
Hey Len! Just wanted to confirm what you already know. Your satellite data is dead nuts! We had originally planned a warm up Mako trip last Sunday, 6/15 in preparation for this week's tournaments. However, based on last Friday and Saturday's satellite images we could not resist the temptation. We decided to head out to the deep to find the warm eddy outside the Hudson Canyon indicated on your charts. Approx. 110 miles off the beach we found a temperature break of nearly 9 degrees over several miles. On the west wall (elbow) the temp was ~66 degrees. In the deep (1,000 fathom tip) the temp soared to almost 75 degrees. The water was crystal clear and full of great signs. Your temp and turbidity charts were right on the money. I wish I could tell you we loaded up on the fish, but our very short day of fishing was not very productive. Because of the long run, we only fished for about 6 hours (8 am - 2 pm). However, we did have our shot. We had a good size blue marlin crash a bait. He came back once for a second shot, but we missed the hook-up. Had one other run off about an hour later. Tom Murphy
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Post by AlloyToy »

Lots of life out there!!!! Is that warmer than usual for this time of year?

I read about boats hitting the tails & block out of Pt. Jude last week with sucess............the offshore thing is Greek to me :D

Can't wait to see your pix & video's Marty!!!
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Marty Glad to hear Xiao Mu Ji is all mended up......... Man those seas are probably driving you nuts. What is the dominant wave period in sec. On my terrafin charts Block Canyon is looking good. The really warm water looks more to the south. When the water gets into the 80's is that to warm? or even better?

Go get them stripers tomorrow night.

Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Anchorage, Alaska

Post by spoiled one »

Man Marty, you have to be jonesing big time! I look forward to seeing the pics and video.

Pete
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Glad the boat is back in action Marty. Hope the sea's co-operate soon for ya. That forecast sounds rough. You'll get out there soon enough.
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

HOPE!

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

I missed the big bluefin tuans coming through lfor the past month, the yellows and marlin are in and that warmer water just a few miles south of the Tails canyon is holding plenty of fish, the really warm water 50-80 mile south of that probably has the bigeyes in force in it and should hopefully bring the bigger YFT and BE. I don't like too warm of water but that real warm water is the first big blast and will not effect but in a positive way the offshore scores.

YES!, to all the other comments, i am friggin going nuts with passion to get the tuna blood on my decks and shishimi on my table!
mty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic