ETHANOL.....just read a great article in La. Sportsman

Mods and custom builds
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

ETHANOL.....just read a great article in La. Sportsman

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Basically if you have a newer boat with an aluminum tank, you have nothing to worry about when you go to the pump and the pump has a decal that says; "This fuel contains 10% Ethanol"
Especially when you're running a 10 micron RACOR fuel filter, and drain it periodically. I do it every 50 hrs.

Just checked my RACOR, from 50 hrs ago and not a drop of water I could see. But then again, I buy fuel then use it immediately, too.

I read Mojo was asking in a post somewhere. So I read this article. And there is plenty of folks that should worry. That have old boats with NON ALLOY tanks.

And we all know those "Beldars" that always have fuel problems because they never have installed a Good filter on that ole boat and engine of theirs.

And of course, do not let Ethanol mixed fuel sit in your tank for ever.
That's not hard to do these prices, anymore. But the folks in the Nor'lands could have problems the article said, over a long winter.

Buy fuel from stations that turn over a lot of gas, the article also stated. Which can be a problem at some Marinas, I know around here.

For us with newer stuff. Between the RACOR, and lets say my Honda's Filter, and water seperator. And that fact the the engine it's self is made for up to 10% Ethanol. I should never be in LOW cotton.

The article stated it is against the law for more than 10% Enthanol or something like that.....I thought E-85 was out there in places????

Don't know, but it talked about all kinds of problems ( and used the word Mercury outboards, a lot) that can acure with blended fuels.

I am seeing those decals sprout up here and there. Never seen them prior to a year or so ago here in J-ville.

I try to buy where I don't see the decal, but it's almost un-avoidable now.

La. Sportsman = a real fishermans magazine. I love it and wish I lived there too.

T-ROUTZ GALORE.....25 per person LIMIT! (compared to 5 here)
OIL RIGS TO FISH ON...good "Snappa" jigging.

Here in JAX.....we as fisherman invite any and all OIL COMPANIES to drill and put up platforms, near and far. We don't have enough Touristos, to complain at the sight of them, and us fisherman it can only help, so it don't matter.