"Patience" takes her first bath

A Place to Show and Tell
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Anchorage, Alaska

Post by spoiled one »

mojomizer wrote:Spoiled one Did you bloody your deck..... Fish ? bear? shrimp? Hows that sweet boat doing..... building some memories with your kids.................. impatient for Patience.

Mark
Patience has been put on the back burner for the next couple of weeks. The whole family had step throat and we are just finishing the last of the antibiotics, so we really did not feel up to hitting the water. We also received two feet of snow last Friday night. It is nearly gone, though. I would hit the water this weekend and still might do a day trip, if we get the house ready to hit the market. We found our dream house on Friday and the offer was excepted on Saturday. Betweent the sale of the current house, buying and moving into the new one, Patience may not see as much time on the water as I would like, but my wife is really excited about the house...so yes, I am impatient to get Patience on the water. This has been a BIG year for us!
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Spoiled one, will you adopt me and S L Dave ?

We will bring our boats with us. :D
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Sorry to hear that. I hope everyone has a speedy recovery.

New house............. I smell game room for your mounts.
Congratulations on all counts.... you truly are the "Spoiled One"

Loving life
Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

welder wrote:Spoiled one, will you adopt me and S L Dave ?

We will bring our boats with us. :D
You do not have one of those funny accents do you? It is sexy coming from a woman, but weird from a dude.
New house............. I smell game room for your mounts.
Congratulations on all counts.... you truly are the "Spoiled One"
I won't have a true game room but do have the whole entry with 16-18' walls. I will also conver the third bay of the garage into a taxidermy studio. My wife never once poo pooed the new boat, in fact she was the one that gave the go ahead (and writes the checks). I can take one for the team this season. A happy wife means a happy family. :D Spoiled one was the name of the old boat, but I agree that I truly am the spoiled one.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually...Les does talk a little Texas funny.

I am from NJ where we don't have an accent! My wife is from Queens...now her accent is funny!!!!
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10
Your location: NY

BEARS, BEARS, WHERE'S THE BEAR!

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Pete, Did you get out Bear Hunting yet???

I have a glass beaded Ruger #1 in 375H&H with a 1x5 scope on it. I bought it in 1979, never hunted with it, I have put a total of 30-rounds through it and it sits locked in a safe unused. I would take any resonable offer for her.

I will never use her, I just like the awesone power of my 25-year old, 73# Fred Bear 52" Kodiak Magnum Recurve with a 125-gram 4-blade Steel Force broadhead!

But, that said, I will be carrying a 454 when I go to hunt fall Brown Bear on the Alaskan Coast Line, with my bow! I may be CRAZY, but I ain't
DUMB!

Marty
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

Hey Marty,

I have not been out for black bears yet. I will be heading out for a week long trip once school gets out. I did get on a very large grizzly back in April. We spotted the den from the air and the tracks led about 2.5 miles down the mountain to the river bottom. He cut a moose track and we followed the tracks to the kill. The bear was not there. We flew the perimeter around the kill and there were no bear tracks leaving the area. We flew back to the cabin and had some dinner and come up with a game plan. We figured that this was an old boar and he did not grow old by being careless. We decided to fly back that evening and check the kill. It was about 9:15 as we cut power, added flaps, and slipped over the kill. A very large, very dark grizzly was laying on the kill. He looked black from the air. This was what I was looking for. Set the cub down on the frozen river and set up camp. Alaska law prohibits a hunter from shooting most big game the same day that you fly. We spent the night in the tent and awoke around 5 am. We grabbed our gear and trudged the 7/10 of a mile to the kill. We had the wind in our face, the sun was just starting to light up the sky, and the kill was with in 400 yards. The magpies were beginning to make their way to the kill. Through my binoculars I could see the bear laying next to the kill. He looked jet black and he was HUGE! He had the long neck and tiny ears placed on the side of his head that is characteristic of a big bruin. I wanted to get with in 150yards if I could. There was a lot of brush between the bear and us so threading a bullet through the tangle would be tough. As we neared the 300 yard mark he got up, looked around, and sauntered into the thicket. If we would have been 30 minutes earlier, I think we could have had a shot at him. This bear had already gone nocturnal. We set up about 75 yards from the kill with the hopes that he would return as it got light. After about 45 minutes he did not show. We decided to go check out the kill and see if we could jump him out of his day bed. IT is amazing how fine tuned your senses get when you are stalking through the willow thickets after something that bites back. We followed his tracks for over a mile and he never did stop. He was off to make another kill.

So to make a long story short, I have not drawn any blood, yet. Soon. It was a great hunt though. He was a toad!

Pete

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic