north when on holiday.

Off Exmouth we mainly chase marlin,
sails,tuna,wahoo and dollies.The shelf is
only 5 miles out so most of our fish are
caught within 15 miles from land.

Off Denmark we mainly target bottom fish but
we also troll for samson fish,yellowtail kingies
and tuna.Our trolling is generally done no more
than 2 miles out unless we are chasing tuna out wide.

We only do beach launches in Denmark as ther
e are no ramps so boats much bigger than mine
can be a challenge.I've included a few fishy photos (hopefully).

Not sure how to resize photos. Sorry.

JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Good day....thanks for visiting us. We have more Austrialian members too.
Which makes us WORLD WIDE! Ya'll do that. So Austrailians/New Zealanders are our "International's".

I'll see if I can go into your post (I'm a moderator) and fix up the way the photos show all over the place for you. (thats alot of photos!)

When using photobucket and posting numerous pictures, choose the smaller size. It just works better when viewing.

And stack the photos vertically, make spaces between them, rather than side byside posting the [img] code. It'll show better.
And less is more....

Make verbiage "tighter" so now one has to scroll across page to read each line and loose the affect of your post.

We also have a "fishing our boats forum" for all those fish pics.

But none the less........WELCOME, you'll get the hang of it. Everyone does eventually.

Man, that's some REAL fishing your doing there. Do you do any Butterfly jigging? I bet that would be a hoot with all those good fish. And I see Amberjacks are there too....they are quite Inter'Nationale fish species too.

--------------
I fixed your post for you. You can see what I did. But hey...its all cool :D .
Next time add to fishing forum, boating etc.
Danielw

Post by Danielw »

Thanks for that,first time I've posted pictures.The amberjack looking fish are samson fish,closely related and grow to about 60kg.We get a fair few off the rocks here but over 60lb they are a bit of a handful.We also do a fair bit of jigging and trolling.Cheers.
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Post by Chaps »

I'm packing my bags as we speak! What's it take to sneak in and stay awhile? Like 30 years? :lol: :lol:
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Chaps, swing the Jet by Jacksonville International Airport....I can be waiting.

I need a new life and a new beggining. A chance to even be on the boat polishing it while those fish are caught, would be a joy.

At least the Aussie dollar is worth .10 cents! And they aren't in a 100 year war.
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10
Your location: NY

WELCOME ABOARD!

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Danielw,

Good Da Matey,

First of all make sure that both the kids have fishing rods in their hands at all ime while on your rig!

Secondly, make sure they have big smiles on their faces because they are fighting one of those great big fish yu showed there.

Nice looking rig, how sweet is that thought, the edge is 5-miles off the mainland. WOW, I get to run 4-6 hours at 25-knots to get 80-140NM off Montauk Point to get to the edge here in the States. I could run and troll 1,000NM if my rig was down in your neck of the World.

How expensive is fuel over there??? We are paying $5.25 US here.

Great fish pictures, make sure you take the tale of one of those monsters and smack Jettywolfs face, He loves abuse!

Again, welcome. Marty
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Hello Danielw, awsome rig you have there. Always great to have kid pictures and fish pictures. One day I would love to catch a 60 kg. Samson fish. I believe you when you say they are a handful do they love to break you off in the rocks as their cousins do out here?????

A pic that didn't do well being scanned digitaly. I guess I broke the scanner :lol:

Keep on posting.

Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Danielw

Post by Danielw »

Cheers guys.Fuel is pricey($1.70/litre)but luckily where I fish we don't have to venture too far.The closest we've got marlin in my boat is about 2 miles out.Generally a full day trolling costs about $180 but shared between 2 its not bad.Mojomizer,the biggest samson I've seen caught off the rocks in Denmark was 46kg(101lb).Tough fish.
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Now you did it.......... I have to do research on Denmark Australia. Which do you feel has a better chance of getting a monster Australia or New Zealand?

The Red Emperor???????? is awsome also.

Welcome to the site.

Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Danielw

Post by Danielw »

Mark,I'm not sure if N.Z. has samsons but they would be your best bet for yellowtail kingfish.We've got plenty of kingies but N.Z. would have more big ones.About 400 kilometres from here in Perth you can go out on charters that specifically target sambos with jigs.They aggregate towards the end of the year and you can catch as many as you can physically pull to the surface.They average about 50lbs with a few hundred pounders thrown in.My best day off the rocks here is 9 sambos and one yellowtail all around the 45-50lb mark.They do like to reef you though.Dan.
IN2DEEP
WON Super Star Donator '08, '09, '10, '11

Post by IN2DEEP »

Welcome Daniel,
You've caught some really nice fish in your pictures!
We like seeing the different types of fish from other places.
Oh yea, we like talking alloy boats also.
Nice looking boat too!

What kind of fish is the blue one? (3rd from the last)

Scott
1989 22' Walkaround Cuddy Bayrunner
2001 115 Merc. 4 stroke/1988 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke kicker
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Thanks Dan, I did not realize there were that many different Jacks that look like yellowtail. Learning new fishing spots and learning new things is what I love about fishing. Yellowtail/kingfish and now Samsons (sambos). I love fishing Jigs for these fish.

My wife has long time family friends that live near Waga Waga in New South Wales probably going down there in a couple of years to help round up sheep/sneek away to fish that part of your immense country. Though now Albany/Denmark and the other millions of miles of coast are not out of the question (must be nice to have one continuous coastline).

Maggie our daughter wants to go and visit Bevan and AMF boats in New Zealand too. (started a monster).

Hope to see your posts in other areas of this site soon.

Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Danielw

Post by Danielw »

Scott,that is a blue groper which are only found in Australia's south.The southwest corner of our state is where the biggest ones grow.They belong to the wrasse family.That one was 55lbs but I have caught one of 66lbs off the rocks.They grow to about 100lbs.Very tough fish to land.
Daddy'O
Your location: TX

Post by Daddy'O »

Welcome aboard AAB Daniel!

Wayne
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Welcome to the site Daniel. Great post lot's of great pic's keep it up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic